TimeTechTalk.com Home

TimeTechTalk.com > 3T Official Brand Forums > Dievas Uhren Technik > What do you look for in a divers watch?

Welcome to 3T! Please take the time to register and join in on the friendly,knowledgeable watch talk.Please note that not all registrations will receive an immediate activation e-mail.Those who do not receive an immediate notification will be activated manually within 48hrs. by an admin. without an e-mail activation url sent to you,you may then sign in using your username and password,if you feel there is a problem please e-mail us at timetechtalk@hotmail.com and include your name and username and we activate your account.Thank You!

 Moderated by: 3T Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
What do you look for in a divers watch?  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Tue Jun 10th, 2008 07:03 pm
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
DEMO
Guest
 

Joined: 
Location:  
Posts: 
Status: 
Offline
Sounds great Anders. hand6.gif

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Jun 10th, 2008 10:23 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
oagaspar
Site Founder


Joined: Sun Sep 4th, 2005
Location: Ohio USA
Posts: 26376
Status: 
Offline
I'm in Anders...and a more sporty,all around tool watch w/a nice depth rating sounds cool! I think the whole everyone must do a Dive watch thing is getting played out!yahoo.gif

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Jun 11th, 2008 11:50 pm
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
Dookie
3T WIS
 

Joined: Thu Oct 11th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 282
Status: 
Offline
44mm sounds like a workable size. So will this be a swiss automatic? toon1.giftoon1.gif

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Jun 11th, 2008 11:56 pm
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
anders213
3T WIS


Joined: Mon Nov 19th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 274
Status: 
Offline
Case size noted.

Movements... what do you think will be a suitable movement.
Miyota 8215, ETA2824-2 or an ETA2801?


Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Jun 12th, 2008 12:51 am
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
Skipdawg
3T WIS


Joined: Thu Mar 29th, 2007
Location: Washington USA
Posts: 14955
Status: 
Offline
For a diver my preference would be  ETA 2824-2 and 2ed a Miyota 8215.;)

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Jun 12th, 2008 01:14 am
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
oagaspar
Site Founder


Joined: Sun Sep 4th, 2005
Location: Ohio USA
Posts: 26376
Status: 
Offline
I would really like to see the eta 2801 mechanical!....it is a sweet movement with a nice power reserve and would be truly unique in a sport watch imhoyahoo.gif

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Jun 12th, 2008 01:22 am
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
Skipdawg
3T WIS


Joined: Thu Mar 29th, 2007
Location: Washington USA
Posts: 14955
Status: 
Offline
oagaspar wrote: I would really like to see the eta 2801 mechanical!....it is a sweet movement with a nice power reserve and would be truly unique in a sport watch imhoyahoo.gif
It would be cool. But would prefer such a movement in a Pilot or Casual sport over a diver. ;)

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Jun 12th, 2008 01:31 am
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
oagaspar
Site Founder


Joined: Sun Sep 4th, 2005
Location: Ohio USA
Posts: 26376
Status: 
Offline
that why I think it would be unique....and I thought Anders was leaning towards a sport watch at this timehand6.gif.....many vintage divers used a 17j mechanical and the throw-back would be very nostalgic imhoyourock.gif

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Jun 12th, 2008 01:44 am
  PM Quote Reply
21st Post
Skipdawg
3T WIS


Joined: Thu Mar 29th, 2007
Location: Washington USA
Posts: 14955
Status: 
Offline
If more of a sport watch I would agree on the 2801 all the way. ;) A diver maybe. :cool:

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Jun 12th, 2008 10:24 pm
  PM Quote Reply
22nd Post
KenC
Admin


Joined: Sun Sep 4th, 2005
Location: Florida &, Arizona USA
Posts: 11291
Status: 
Offline
Have not been diving for a few decades, but...let me add a couple of things I did not see (of course, I could have simply missed them):

1) LUME, LUME, LUME...either superluminova or tritium tubes.

2) A wide, legible bezel.

3) My design preference would be in the "retro" arena, and,

4) the 2801 movement.

As to size, I know these guys like to walk around with wall clocks on their "manly" wrists, but I prefer a 42mm size.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Jun 12th, 2008 10:31 pm
  PM Quote Reply
23rd Post
Skipdawg
3T WIS


Joined: Thu Mar 29th, 2007
Location: Washington USA
Posts: 14955
Status: 
Offline
KenC wrote: Have not been diving for a few decades, but...let me add a couple of things I did not see (of course, I could have simply missed them):

1) LUME, LUME, LUME...either superluminova or tritium tubes.

2) A wide, legible bezel.

3) My design preference would be in the "retro" arena, and,

4) the 2801 movement.

As to size, I know these guys like to walk around with wall clocks on their "manly" wrists, but I prefer a 42mm size.

Oh Ken come on. it is OK that your wrist is about as big as my big toe. LOL subtlelaugh.gif

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Jun 12th, 2008 10:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
24th Post
KenC
Admin


Joined: Sun Sep 4th, 2005
Location: Florida &, Arizona USA
Posts: 11291
Status: 
Offline
Skipdawg wrote: KenC wrote: Have not been diving for a few decades, but...let me add a couple of things I did not see (of course, I could have simply missed them):

1) LUME, LUME, LUME...either superluminova or tritium tubes.

2) A wide, legible bezel.

3) My design preference would be in the "retro" arena, and,

4) the 2801 movement.

As to size, I know these guys like to walk around with wall clocks on their "manly" wrists, but I prefer a 42mm size.

Oh Ken come on. it is OK that your wrist is about as big as my big toe. LOL subtlelaugh.gif

I know that Skip...it amazes me though that you guys want these huge watches...makes me wonder what kind of exercise y'all are doing to get your wrists so "manly"! subtlelaugh.gifsubtlelaugh.gifsubtlelaugh.gif

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

Current time is 06:36 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Page Last Page    
TimeTechTalk.com > 3T Official Brand Forums > Dievas Uhren Technik > What do you look for in a divers watch? Top



Lead Theme By: Di @ UltraBB
UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2012 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1645 seconds (10% database + 90% PHP). 32 queries executed.