|View single post by anders213|
|Posted: Fri Aug 12th, 2011 08:41 am||
|In this installment of The Making of New Dievas Focal - 6Steel, we will be concentrating on the manufacturing of the bezel. The fine gear cutting, the smooth teeth on the bezel among others.
The Dievas Focal was conceptualized and designed together with a diving professional. The bezel on the Focal is slightly enlarged and the teeth around the bezel made more pronounced for easy grip and operation underwater.
As a seasoned diver, the timing instrument(watch) is probably something you don't take much care of when you are diving. And so we decided to use our proprietary scratch resistant 6Steel technology for all the exposed parts of the watch. The bezel, the case and the caseback are all made from Dievas 6Steel.
And of course, to sweeten the whole experience. The Dievas Focal will come together with a molded rubber strap custom made specially for the Focal.
Once again, we are proud to say our watches are MADE IN GERMANY!
1. Each bezel is inserted into the holder getting ready for milling.
2. Close up of the bezel. Remember, all bezel or case goes through the same process twice. As the back and front of the part has to be manufactured differently.
3. All the shavings of the bezel after the process.
4. Notice the fine milling of the bezel. Smooth yet precise.
5. All the bezels that are done after the first process.
6. After all the bezels are milled. We check the bezels for accuracy. A micrometer to check the thickness, the tolerance, size and etc against the technical drawing of the bezel.
And of course a video to show. As they say a moving picture speaks a thousand words.
This is the end of part 2. Stay tuned for the next installment.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Dievas Uhren Technik