TimeTechTalk.com Home

TimeTechTalk.com > Time Tech Talk > New Arrivals > SEIKO Superior > shrouded diver project <

Welcome to 3T! Please take the time to register and join in on the friendly,knowledgeable watch talk.Please note that not all registrations will receive an immediate activation e-mail.Those who do not receive an immediate notification will be activated manually within 48hrs. by an admin. without an e-mail activation url sent to you,you may then sign in using your username and password,if you feel there is a problem please e-mail us at timetechtalk@hotmail.com and include your name and username and we activate your account.Thank You!

 Moderated by: 3T Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Poll
Which version do you prefer ?
   
   
View Results
 
Vote
SEIKO Superior > shrouded diver project <  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Wed Sep 7th, 2016 11:47 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
exc-hulk
Moderator


Joined: Sat May 30th, 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 5393
Status: 
Offline
I got this rare SEIKO Superior last week.

A really nice watch with the TUNA hands and shroud.

I ordered a few parts from Harold to tune up this watch.

Parts delivered today morning. happy guy.gif


Some pics before change some parts...












Now after change the parts

I ordered a new SEIKO Z22 directly from Japan too.















I love the new look.
The new ss shroud looks stunning and increases the quality significantly.
The watch is more heavy and looks more massive.

I like the contrast between the black bezel and the ss shroud as well.

Direct comparison.


Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Sep 7th, 2016 02:29 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
bigrustypig
3T WIS


Joined: Sat Apr 11th, 2009
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 7508
Status: 
Offline
I agree with the mod and transformation. It looks much better than the original one.
You might want to consider a Hexad bracelet also.
I like I like.bravo.gif

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Sep 7th, 2016 02:31 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
bigrustypig
3T WIS


Joined: Sat Apr 11th, 2009
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 7508
Status: 
Offline
Herr Philipp.....I think you have to cast your vote, toosubtlelaugh.gif

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Sep 7th, 2016 04:18 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
stew77
Admin


Joined: Thu Mar 26th, 2009
Location: Colorado USA
Posts: 8518
Status: 
Offline
Big thumbs up on this simple but very effective mod Phil! thumbsup.gif

I agree 100%, shroud mod really improves the look of this one, giving it a much higher quality look.

I was trying to decide between Harold's black shroud or the ss shroud for my blue LE...I thought I was convinced of going with the black, but the contrast with the bezel is really nice, so I may go ss (was concerned about mixing too many finishes since the blue LE also has some golden accents).

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Sep 7th, 2016 04:28 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
exc-hulk
Moderator


Joined: Sat May 30th, 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 5393
Status: 
Offline
bigrustypig wrote: I agree with the mod and transformation. It looks much better than the original one.
You might want to consider a Hexad bracelet also.
I like I like.bravo.gif

thankyou.gif for your comment Jeff !

I prefer a SEIKO rubber on this watch.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Sep 7th, 2016 04:28 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
exc-hulk
Moderator


Joined: Sat May 30th, 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 5393
Status: 
Offline
bigrustypig wrote: Herr Philipp.....I think you have to cast your vote, toosubtlelaugh.gif

YEP, done subtlelaugh.gif

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Sep 7th, 2016 04:30 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
exc-hulk
Moderator


Joined: Sat May 30th, 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 5393
Status: 
Offline
stew77 wrote: Big thumbs up on this simple but very effective mod Phil! thumbsup.gif

I agree 100%, shroud mod really improves the look of this one, giving it a much higher quality look.

I was trying to decide between Harold's black shroud or the ss shroud for my blue LE...I thought I was convinced of going with the black, but the contrast with the bezel is really nice, so I may go ss (was concerned about mixing too many finishes since the blue LE also has some golden accents.



thankyou.gif Chris !


Tough decision with the shroud for your LE.

For my taste the ss shroud would look better on yours.

Here some pics:

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f21/seiko-superior-limited-edition-blue-baby-tuna-srp453-new-arrival-896226.html#post6610715

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Sep 7th, 2016 04:44 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
stew77
Admin


Joined: Thu Mar 26th, 2009
Location: Colorado USA
Posts: 8518
Status: 
Offline
exc-hulk wrote:
stew77 wrote: Big thumbs up on this simple but very effective mod Phil! thumbsup.gif

I agree 100%, shroud mod really improves the look of this one, giving it a much higher quality look.

I was trying to decide between Harold's black shroud or the ss shroud for my blue LE...I thought I was convinced of going with the black, but the contrast with the bezel is really nice, so I may go ss (was concerned about mixing too many finishes since the blue LE also has some golden accents.



thankyou.gif Chris !


Tough decision with the shroud for your LE.

For my taste the ss shroud would look better on yours.

Here some pics:

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f21/seiko-superior-limited-edition-blue-baby-tuna-srp453-new-arrival-896226.html#post6610715


Thanks for that great LE picture reference Phil! you rock.gif

It does look really good with the ss shroud...these really take on a higher quality look getting rid of the plastic shroud!

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Sep 7th, 2016 04:50 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
exc-hulk
Moderator


Joined: Sat May 30th, 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 5393
Status: 
Offline
Yes, looks much better !ThumbsUp02.gif


Deep in my watch part box I found an complete original hand set of the SBDX011.
Now I thinking about to change the hand set of my SRP227.
homerthinks.gif

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Sep 7th, 2016 07:19 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
stew77
Admin


Joined: Thu Mar 26th, 2009
Location: Colorado USA
Posts: 8518
Status: 
Offline
exc-hulk wrote:
Yes, looks much better !ThumbsUp02.gif


Deep in my watch part box I found an complete original hand set of the SBDX011.
Now I thinking about to change the hand set of my SRP227.
homerthinks.gif


Well, well...very surprised to hear that you have a complete original hand set for the SBDX011 (EMPEROR), but no EMPEROR!!!crazy.gif bamby.gif

You must just be getting "prepared", yes??? subtlelaugh.gif dog smile.gif

That handset would certainly look great on your SRP! thumbsup.gif

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Sep 7th, 2016 07:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
exc-hulk
Moderator


Joined: Sat May 30th, 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 5393
Status: 
Offline
stew77 wrote: exc-hulk wrote:
Yes, looks much better !ThumbsUp02.gif


Deep in my watch part box I found an complete original hand set of the SBDX011.
Now I thinking about to change the hand set of my SRP227.
homerthinks.gif


Well, well...very surprised to hear that you have a complete original hand set for the SBDX011 (EMPEROR), but no EMPEROR!!!crazy.gif bamby.gif



 


crap.gifcrap.gifcrap.gif


This is really cracy !

dog smile.gifdog smile.gifdog smile.gif

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Sep 8th, 2016 05:03 am
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
stew77
Admin


Joined: Thu Mar 26th, 2009
Location: Colorado USA
Posts: 8518
Status: 
Offline
exc-hulk wrote:
stew77 wrote: exc-hulk wrote:



Well, well...very surprised to hear that you have a complete original hand set for the SBDX011 (EMPEROR), but no EMPEROR!!!crazy.gif bamby.gif

 


crap.gifcrap.gifcrap.gif


This is really cracy !

dog smile.gifdog smile.gifdog smile.gif


It's ok Phil...I won't tell anyone!!! dog smile.gif thumbsup.gif

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

Current time is 04:30 pm Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page    
TimeTechTalk.com > Time Tech Talk > New Arrivals > SEIKO Superior > shrouded diver project < Top



Lead Theme By: Di @ UltraBB
UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2012 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.2116 seconds (38% database + 62% PHP). 43 queries executed.