TimeTechTalk.com Home

TimeTechTalk.com > Time Tech Talk > OT > BONDS HITS #756!!!

Welcome to 3T! Please take the time to register and join in on the friendly,knowledgeable watch talk.Please note that not all registrations will receive an immediate activation e-mail.Those who do not receive an immediate notification will be activated manually within 48hrs. by an admin. without an e-mail activation url sent to you,you may then sign in using your username and password,if you feel there is a problem please e-mail us at timetechtalk@hotmail.com and include your name and username and we activate your account.Thank You!

 Moderated by: 3T Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3   
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
BONDS HITS #756!!!  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Thu Aug 9th, 2007 01:54 am
  PM Quote Reply
25th Post
oagaspar
Site Founder


Joined: Sun Sep 4th, 2005
Location: Ohio USA
Posts: 23871
Status: 
Offline
I was excercising my executive privelages!:D:D:D

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Aug 9th, 2007 02:20 am
  PM Quote Reply
26th Post
Paxman
3T WIS


Joined: Sun Apr 23rd, 2006
Location: NorthEastern, Wisconsin USA
Posts: 15969
Status: 
Offline
oagaspar wrote: I was excercising my executive privelages!:D:D:D
Oh oh... I can always move it back, El Presidente...

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Aug 9th, 2007 03:05 am
  PM Quote Reply
27th Post
Eric L.
3T WIS


Joined: Thu Feb 15th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 386
Status: 
Offline
I didn't mean to stir up controversy - just wanted to tell it how I see it as a long time Giants fan.  I remember GlenAllen Hill - those were the days when the Giants won some ballgames!  Jeff Kent had a good run with the team (best protection Bonds ever had in the lineup), but ever since he went to the rival Dodgers the Giants fans have given his grief since. 

#757 into McCovey cove tonight!

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Aug 9th, 2007 04:07 am
  PM Quote Reply
28th Post
oagaspar
Site Founder


Joined: Sun Sep 4th, 2005
Location: Ohio USA
Posts: 23871
Status: 
Offline
Paxman wrote:

no problemo here my Farmer Tan Compadre :D
oagaspar wrote: I was excercising my executive privelages!:D:D:D
Oh oh... I can always move it back, El Presidente...

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Aug 9th, 2007 04:39 am
  PM Quote Reply
29th Post
pacifichrono
3T WIS


Joined: Thu Sep 8th, 2005
Location: Scripps Ranch, California USA
Posts: 1594
Status: 
Offline
Paxman wrote: Eric you need only look at the Giants clubhouse where Barry rests in his private recliner or his "fantastic" relationships with his former team mates like Jeff Kent to see Bonds is out for himself and no one else. and no I never met him personally, but was a friend of Glenallen Hill ( you remember him as a Giants fan) who was and is a class act and stand up guy. Barry wan no team mate to him... While Bonds may play and play on I contend he does so for only his own gain. As for calling bonds an a-hole one need only lok to his exchanges with fans and media for clear proof the guy has little regard for anyone other than Barry Bonds. As a Giants fan you must surely remember Bonds commenting on the possibility of McGwire and Sosa juicing as he became jealous of their run. Bonds damn near admitted to KG Jr and associates he was tired of fighting the trend and had some good years left in which he would "get paid".

I won't deny he has made an astounding accomplishment, but I do feel his accomplishment is tainted by possible use. This is not the hero or role model anyone should look up to and his behavior does nothing for the game of baseball overall.

Again, this is just my opinion and I 'll respect an honor yours, but I must disagree with you in that I have little love for Barry Bonds. No matter for as Barry himself said, "Love me or hate me, I don't give a S**t!!"

Oh... why is the post in "Time Talk"? anyone game for moving it to OT?

Hey Pax, you got my vote! yourock.gif

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Aug 9th, 2007 11:53 am
  PM Quote Reply
30th Post
Paxman
3T WIS


Joined: Sun Apr 23rd, 2006
Location: NorthEastern, Wisconsin USA
Posts: 15969
Status: 
Offline
Eric L. wrote: I didn't mean to stir up controversy - just wanted to tell it how I see it as a long time Giants fan.  I remember GlenAllen Hill - those were the days when the Giants won some ballgames!  Jeff Kent had a good run with the team (best protection Bonds ever had in the lineup), but ever since he went to the rival Dodgers the Giants fans have given his grief since. 

#757 into McCovey cove tonight!


No controversy here... we just see things from different view points and that's great. I am glad to find a true Giants fan and someone who can see beyond all the attendant scandal... I almost wish I could...toon1.gif

 

Go Brew Crew?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Aug 9th, 2007 03:46 pm
  PM Quote Reply
31st Post
canadajo
3T WIS


Joined: Sun Jun 11th, 2006
Location: Packerland, Wisconsin USA
Posts: 3360
Status: 
Offline
Hey Eric ... a little controversy is GREAT reading this AM !!!hand6.gif We can all disagree and stay buddies and that is a beautiful thing !!!

Eric L. wrote:
I didn't mean to stir up controversy - just wanted to tell it how I see it as a long time Giants fan.  I remember GlenAllen Hill - those were the days when the Giants won some ballgames!  Jeff Kent had a good run with the team (best protection Bonds ever had in the lineup), but ever since he went to the rival Dodgers the Giants fans have given his grief since. 

#757 into McCovey cove tonight!

Last edited on Thu Aug 9th, 2007 03:47 pm by canadajo

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Aug 9th, 2007 03:55 pm
  PM Quote Reply
32nd Post
canadajo
3T WIS


Joined: Sun Jun 11th, 2006
Location: Packerland, Wisconsin USA
Posts: 3360
Status: 
Offline
I feel I need to open my pie-hole once more on this subject .... If you read the whole thread I basically have the same opinion as Pax about Barry ....but I DO NOT feel there is any TAINT to the record because this is the steriod era ......All the players are to be subjected into the era and just like the dead ball era and the war era and the "greenies" era the ballplayers all fall into that time and place ......Pete Rose and the like was jacked-up on amphetimines and half the pitchers Bonds faced were roid users ...so feel there is no taint ..... Besides Sammy Sosa and Mark Mguire were users so is Roger Maris still hold the record at 61 ???

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Aug 9th, 2007 04:02 pm
  PM Quote Reply
33rd Post
Paxman
3T WIS


Joined: Sun Apr 23rd, 2006
Location: NorthEastern, Wisconsin USA
Posts: 15969
Status: 
Offline
canadajo wrote: I feel I need to open my pie-hole once more on this subject .... If you read the whole thread I basically have the same opinion as Pax about Barry ....but I DO NOT feel there is any TAINT to the record because this is the steriod era ......All the players are to be subjected into the era and just like the dead ball era and the war era and the "greenies" era the ballplayers all fall into that time and place ......Pete Rose and the like was jacked-up on amphetimines and half the pitchers Bonds faced were roid users ...so feel there is no taint ..... Besides Sammy Sosa and Mark Mguire were users so is Roger Maris still hold the record at 61 ???


Proof positive CJ is an expert on TAINT...

if you know what I mean...

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Aug 9th, 2007 04:04 pm
  PM Quote Reply
34th Post
canadajo
3T WIS


Joined: Sun Jun 11th, 2006
Location: Packerland, Wisconsin USA
Posts: 3360
Status: 
Offline
I am the taint master Paxman wrote: canadajo wrote: I feel I need to open my pie-hole once more on this subject .... If you read the whole thread I basically have the same opinion as Pax about Barry ....but I DO NOT feel there is any TAINT to the record because this is the steriod era ......All the players are to be subjected into the era and just like the dead ball era and the war era and the "greenies" era the ballplayers all fall into that time and place ......Pete Rose and the like was jacked-up on amphetimines and half the pitchers Bonds faced were roid users ...so feel there is no taint ..... Besides Sammy Sosa and Mark Mguire were users so is Roger Maris still hold the record at 61 ???


Proof positive CJ is an expert on TAINT...

if you know what I mean...


Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Aug 9th, 2007 04:19 pm
  PM Quote Reply
35th Post
Skipdawg
3T WIS


Joined: Thu Mar 29th, 2007
Location: Washington USA
Posts: 14944
Status: 
Offline
Oh no!!! :shock:


Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 12:26 pm Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3     
TimeTechTalk.com > Time Tech Talk > OT > BONDS HITS #756!!! Top



Lead Theme By: Di @ UltraBB
UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2012 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.2637 seconds (49% database + 51% PHP). 36 queries executed.