|View single post by anders213
|Posted: Sat Aug 20th, 2011 02:12 am
|In this installment of The Making of New Dievas Focal - 6Steel, we will be walk you through the finishing of all Dievas watches. This is probably the most important procedure of watchmaking.
The step that most big watch companies put the most emphasis on.
The step that determines how the final watch looks.
The step that differentiates us.
The procedure that requires the most hands-on and experience.
And from this installment you will realize Dievas watch is an artform and something you can call HANDMADE IN GERMANY.
1. After the cases are machined. This is the next step carried out by our watchmaker who has more than 30 years of experience. Something not everyone can carry out. Someone who has an eye for the smallest of details. What we are doing here is putting the watch onto a turning lathe. And finishing the inside of the case. A step that we are proud to say we carry out. After machining of the case, there might still be some small shavings left on the case. And if left there, they might drop into the movement after prolonged use, affecting operations and accuracy of the movement. If you have a chance to see the inside of a Dievas watch. You can see that nothing is left unfinished.
2. The next step is the polishing and brushing of the watch case. A step that we still carry out even if our watches are sandblasted. This get rids of any machining lines. Look through some of your sandblasted watches and you will understand and appreciate this better. This digitally controlled multi-speed buffing machine is able to control the final looks and result we need. From fine polished to high polished. From fine satin brush to medium satin brush. And of course the experience of our watchmaker plays an important role.
3. After all is done, the watch is fine beadblasted.
4. And of course the final step to engrave and seal the watch up with the Dievas logo.
5. And the final step to check the cases for integrity and tolerance on the microscope and micrometer. To make sure that there are no deviation after all the finishing processes.
Although many steps look redundant as you might not see it. But the owners will appreciate it many months down the road. The steps that ensure the watches still run as accurately as day one. The steps that determine how the watch look.
A Dievas watch is an heirloom you will be proud of to pass it on to your son.
We hope you enjoy this installment. Stay tuned for the next installment.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Dievas Uhren Technik