Welcome to 3T! Please take the time to register and join in on the friendly,knowledgeable watch talk.Please note that not all registrations will receive an immediate activation e-mail.Those who do not receive an immediate notification will be activated manually within 48hrs. by an admin. without an e-mail activation url sent to you,you may then sign in using your username and password,if you feel there is a problem please e-mail us at email@example.com and include your name and username and we activate your account.Thank You!
In this installment of The Making of New Dievas Focal - 6Steel, we will be concentrating on the manufacturing of the bezel. The fine gear cutting, the smooth teeth on the bezel among others.
The Dievas Focal was conceptualized and designed together with a diving professional. The bezel on the Focal is slightly enlarged and the teeth around the bezel made more pronounced for easy grip and operation underwater.
As a seasoned diver, the timing instrument(watch) is probably something you don't take much care of when you are diving. And so we decided to use our proprietary scratch resistant 6Steeltechnology for all the exposed parts of the watch. The bezel, the case and the caseback are all made from Dievas 6Steel.
And of course, to sweeten the whole experience. The Dievas Focal will come together with a molded rubber strap custom made specially for the Focal.
Once again, we are proud to say our watches are MADE IN GERMANY!
1. Each bezel is inserted into the holder getting ready for milling.
2. Close up of the bezel. Remember, all bezel or case goes through the same process twice. As the back and front of the part has to be manufactured differently.
3. All the shavings of the bezel after the process.
4. Notice the fine milling of the bezel. Smooth yet precise.
5. All the bezels that are done after the first process.
6. After all the bezels are milled. We check the bezels for accuracy. A micrometer to check the thickness, the tolerance, size and etc against the technical drawing of the bezel.
And of course a video to show. As they say a moving picture speaks a thousand words.
This is the end of part 2. Stay tuned for the next installment.